PREPARATION: 20 MINS
BAKING: 25 - 35 MINS
MAKES 1 APPLE STRUDEL
- 3 Apples by Gold Thon, cored & sliced
- ½ Lemon by Gold Thon, juiced
- ¾ tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Dash salt
Sesame & Walnut Mix
- 20 g sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 25 g walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- 60 g castor sugar
- 6 sheets Filo Pastry, slight defrosted
- 150 g Anchor butter, melted
- 2 tbsp snow powder for dusting
- To make apple filling, combine apple slices, lemon juice, cinnamon powder, brown sugar and salt.
- Cook apples in a non-stick pan, stirring continuously until apples are soft. Set aside to cool.
- To make Sesame and Walnut Mix, combine sesame seeds, walnuts, cinnamon powder, ginger powder and sugar in a separate bowl. Mix well.
- On a clean surface, lay one sheet of filo pastry and brush lightly with melted butter.
- Lay another sheet on top and brush with a little more butter. Sprinkle some sesame mix over the sheet. Layer with apple filling.
- Continue layering with the remaining filo pastries, apple filling and sesame mix, brushing each sheetof pastry with melted butter.
- Roll up the filo pastry and transfer onto the Cubie tray. Brush melted butter over the the pastry for a nice browning.
- Bake the strudel in the Cubie Oven at 170°C for 25-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly and garnish with sifted snow powder.
- Slice and ready to be eaten. Best eaten with vanilla ice cream.