PREPARATION: 20 MINS
BAKING: 15 - 18 MINS
SERVES 3 - 4
- 70 g egg yolk
- 60 g water
- 30 g Anchor butter, melted
- 60 g cake flour
- ¼ tsp vanilla essence
- 130 g egg white
- ⅛ tsp cream of tartar
- 80 g sugar
- 30 g sugar
- 200 ml Anchor Whipping Cream
- 100 g Gold Thon D24 Durian Paste
- Icing sugar for dusting
- To prepare Hokkaido Cake, whisk together the egg yolks, water, butter, flour and vanilla essence. Set aside.
- In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar until foamy. Gradually add the sugar, continue to whisk until the egg whites are stiff.
- Fold one third of the meringue into the egg yolk mixture, give it a gentle mix, then fold in the balance.
- Pour the batter into Hokkaido Cake paper cups and bake in the preheated oven at 160°C for 15-18 minutes using convection function.
- Once done, remove from oven and let the cakes cool completely.
- For the durian cream, pour sugar and cream into a clean bowl and whip till fluffy. Fold in Gold Thon Durian Paste using a spatula until well combined. Spoon mixture into a piping bag.
- Pipe a generous amount of filling into the center of each cake. Chill in fridge.
- Dust the Hokkaido cakes with icing sugar before serving.
Where to buy durianlicious Gold Thon D24 Durian Paste? PM us now!