PREPARATION: 20 MINS
BAKING: 20 - 25 MINS
- 190 g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 80 g sugar
- 60 g brown sugar
- 125 g blueberries from Gold Thon, washed and dried
- 130 g Anchor Butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 140 ml milk
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 1 lemon from Gold Thon, zested
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Anchor butter
- 1 cup granola
Make the streusel topping:
- Pulse plain flour, brown sugar, butter and granola in the food processor. Set aside to chill until ready to use.
Make the muffin batter:
- Sift together the flour and baking powder. Add in both sugar and 2/3 of the blueberries, setting aside 1/3 of the blueberries for the topping.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the butter, eggs, milk, vanilla essence and lemon rind.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together until just combined.
Assemble and bake:
- Preheat Panasonic cubie oven to 180°C.
- Divide the batter to fill medium-sized paper muffin cups to nearly ¾ full.
- Crumble some streusel topping over each muffin. Set in two or three of the reserved blueberries just underneath the streusel (this creates pretty muffin tops with blueberries 'peeping' out when the muffins are baked). If preferred, snip open (make a small slit only) some of the blueberries so that they 'burst' open and juices flow out when baked.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 20-25 minutes or until done.